Legacy Fountain at Landis Green
A sparkling fountain graces the center of Landis Green, a place where students roam, relax and reinvigorate the mind, body and soul. The beautifully crafted water feature represents the university’s evolution from a liberal arts college for women to the nationally acclaimed liberal arts and research university it is today.
The monument displays six life-sized bronze figures. On the Landis Hall side of the fountain, three female figures symbolize the years as Florida State College for Women. Their attire reflects the college culture during its existence from 1915 until 1947. On the north side are two female figures and one male statue representing the students of today.
From the lively statues to the serenity of the reflection pool, this monument offers passersby a glimpse of the institution’s past and a look toward the future.